The Nursing Forum
The Nursing Forum
The Nursing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nursing Forum

For anyone who has an interest in Nursing. . .

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which University is best for Nursing?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holamigo
Admin

Which University is best for Nursing? Empty
PostSubject: Which University is best for Nursing?   Which University is best for Nursing? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 11:58 am

The UK Nursing league table of leading universities and colleges is constructed and ranked using the following weighted indices:

1. Quality of teaching
2. Student A-level results
3. Graduate post-degree deployment (& proportion in employment within set period following graduation)

Nusing league table of top UK universities

1 Portsmouth
2 Manchester
3 Leeds
4 Surrey
5 Nottingham
6 King's College London
7 Liverpool
8 Sheffield
9 Thames Valley
10 Bradford
11 Southampton
12 Cardiff
13 City
14 Northumbria
15 De Montfort
16 Salford
17 Glamorgan
18 Edinburgh
19 Huddersfield
20 Anglia Ruskin
21 West of England
Back to top Go down
http://nursing.ohmylife.net
gwilliamson

PostSubject: Re: Which University is best for Nursing?   Which University is best for Nursing? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 am

That's so good to see because I was torn between KCL and Manchester as I had unconditional offers from both. All my friends we're saying go for KCL because on the whole it's a 'better' university and more widely recognised but from the moment I visited Manchester for the first time I loved it and knew it was the best uni out of the two for me.
I accepted Mancester a few days ago and so Im very pleased to see it is second on this ranking and KCL is sixth as I would have thought KCL would be higher than Manc.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Holamigo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Which University is best for Nursing?   Which University is best for Nursing? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:37 pm

gwilliamson wrote:
That's so good to see because I was torn between KCL and Manchester as I had unconditional offers from both. All my friends we're saying go for KCL because on the whole it's a 'better' university and more widely recognised but from the moment I visited Manchester for the first time I loved it and knew it was the best uni out of the two for me.
I accepted Mancester a few days ago and so Im very pleased to see it is second on this ranking and KCL is sixth as I would have thought KCL would be higher than Manc.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Glad you find it helpful! Very Happy KCL is probably higher in the University league table but this one is about which University is best for Nursing.

To be honest, I wouldn't really go by these league tables and what people think! Its you that should decide, sometimes you have to go there yourself and decide which atmosphere you like the best and whether you like the University or not.
It is very hard deciding though - I know!

Good luck with your course! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nursing.ohmylife.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which University is best for Nursing?   Which University is best for Nursing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which University is best for Nursing?
Page 1 of 1